Champions Circle Spotlight
1. This month we’re highlighting members:
Scott & Stephanie Weisz
2. What city do you call home?
3. When/ where did you first meet one another?
We met through a mutual friend who went to undergrad with Scott and law school with Stephanie. We met in Orlando back in 2002- just two days before Stephanie went to Australia to study abroad for the summer.
4. What are some of your favorite hobbies?
We love spending time with our three children- Graham (6), Claire (3) and Brooks (9 months)…from swimming, team sports, and hitting the theme parks, they keep us pretty busy!
5. How did you first encounter Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies?
After moving to Orlando, Scott initially became involved with Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies through fundraising for Greater Orlando Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Later-on, two of our three kids were born at Winnie Palmer Hospital and we have also since sought the expertise of pediatric sub-specialties for our two youngest children.
6. Why do you choose to support our mission?
As parents, we take great comfort in knowing that we have a pediatric medical center in our very own backyard that is staffed by incredible physicians, nurses, and support staff who stand ready to provide world-class medical care at a moment’s notice. We feel blessed to be able to do our small part to help support the passionate caregivers who tirelessly provide hope, healing, and compassion to kids and families in Central Florida!
7. What is the one, most important thing you would share with friends or family about Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies?While the team truly makes miracles happen for kids and families on a daily basis, they do so in the humblest of ways, and always in a manner that seeks to live up to Mr. Palmer’s challenge that we can and should always strive to do better for the children of Central Florida.