Advancements in Neurosciences Arrive at Orlando Health
When you hear the words “the future of healthcare”, what comes to mind? The term may be overused in certain circles, but at Orlando Health Neuroscience Institute, it is right on target.
With staggering advancements in imaging and computer simulations, physicians and researchers have been able to deepen their understanding of the brain and its functioning. With this growth, the field of neurosciences has become an integral part of the services offered at top hospitals around the nation. Orlando Health has been dedicated to securing all aspects of this intricate and life-changing medicine for the benefit of not only Central Floridians, but patients and families suffering throughout the Southeast.
Neuroscience focuses on neurological conditions of the brain and spine and their effects on movement, function, pain, neurodevelopmental disorders, as well as behavioral and cognitive functions.
As part of Orlando Health’s phased approach to the growth of neurosciences, we now offer the full spectrum of neurological services right here in our own backyard, so patients never need to leave their local communities to receive treatment.
- Neurosurgery - involves surgical treatment of diseases and injuries to the spine, brain, stroke, peripheral nerves and arteries in the head and neck.
- Neurology – contains the Orlando Health Comprehensive Stroke Center, the Memory Disorder Clinic for those battling Dementia and Alzheimer’s, and experts treating Neuromuscular Disorders and movement disorders (multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease), epilepsy, as well as facial pain and headaches.
- Interventional Pain Management – physicians devise conservative, minimally-invasive treatments to help heal chronic pain, from joint pain to spine injuries.
- Rehabilitation Medicine – Physicians work with patients to recover function, lessen symptoms and improve their overall well-being.
- Neuro-Psychology – neuropsychologists focus on the relationship between a patient’s brain and their behavior, including dementia and traumatic brain injury.
“From stroke to epilepsy to Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis, spinal injuries and dementia - our team consists of more than 30 physicians covering every type of diagnosis and treatment technique in the neurosciences field”, states Robert A. Hirschl, MD, Chairman and Medical Director of Neurosurgery at Orlando Health. “I’m proud of our team and the fact that we can help every patient who walks through our doors.”
Orlando Health Neurosciences Institute offer the only Joint Commission-certified Spine Center of Excellence, as well as the only Comprehensive Stroke Centers, in Central Florida; meaning that not only are we the highest-volume in the state, but the highest quality as well.
Neurological disorders and conditions often have devastating consequences for people of all ages. With the support of philanthropy, our surgeons, nurse practitioners, support staff and rehabilitation therapists can deliver the most technically superb, compassionate and timely care.
To learn more about philanthropic support of neurosciences, visit: Give.OrlandoHealth.com/Neurosciences.