For the second year, seven medical residents at Orlando Health were awarded Best Resident Awards by the Central Florida Association of Physicians from the Indian Subcontinent (CAPI). These are annual awards supported by a fund established in 2015 to recognize and award excellence in residencies at Orlando Health.
Presented by CAPI president Dr. Priya Vishnubotla, chairman of medicine at the Orlando VA and Dr. Sudhir Bhaskar, former CAPI president and current Orlando Health Foundation board member, the following residents received the award and a cash prize:
- Emergency Medicine – Erich P. Heine, DO
- Internal Medicine – Jennifer L. Kinaga, MD
- OB/GYN – Courtney M. Paradise, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery – William W. Baldwin, MD
- Pathology – Daniel Sanchez, MD
- Pediatrics – Betty J. Cheney Kelly, MD
- Surgery (General) – Andrew C. Gratzon, MD
CAPI was established to provide its member physicians and dentists a forum to facilitate:
- Professional opportunities for continuing medical education
- Medical conferences
- Community health fairs
- Professional & leadership development
- Service to the Central Florida healthcare community
The organization, which is a division of the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI), has over 600 local members and is one of the largest subchapters in the nation. Many members of CAPI serve throughout Orlando Health facilities.